The pages below describe various aspects of using, administering and troubleshooting a Pm Wiki installation, as well as aspects of the PmWiki community.
As you know, documentation is always incomplete.
Feel free to help yourself and others by contributing to it.
Just edit the pages on pmwiki.org.
You might want to follow or contribute to the documentation guidelines.
Pm Wiki versions 2.3.x have a function which can highlight the syntax of the markup language and make the documentation easier to read. See
$EnablePmSyntax if you want to enable it.
Beginner Topics for Creating and Editing Pages
Intermediate Editing Topics
- Markup master index - Tabulation of all Pm Wiki markup
- Uploads - Allow authors to upload files, also known as page attachments
- Tables - Simple tables with double pipe markup, one row per line
- Table directives - Directives for table processing
- Table of contents - Basic automatic table of contents and numbered headings
- Wiki styles - Modifying the style of page contents
- Access keys - Access keys are keyboard shortcuts for tasks that would otherwise require a mouse
- Page directives - Directives to specify page titles, descriptions, keywords, and display
- Include other pages - Include contents from other Pm Wiki pages
- InterMap links - Interwiki links definition and use
- Conditional markup - The if directive allows portions of a page to be included or excluded from rendering
- Page variables - variables that are associated with pages
- Page text variables - Page variables automatically made available through natural or explicit page markup
- Markup expressions - String and formatting operations
- Forms - How you can embed input forms into wiki pages
- Simultaneous edits - Handling multiple attempts to edit a page nearly simultaneously
Organizing and Protecting Pages
- Wiki structure - Pm Wiki structural support for page organization
- Wiki groups - Organising pages into related groups
- Group headers - Group Header and Group Footer page usage
- Wiki trails - Trails from lists items from a single page
- Page history - History of previous edits to a page
- Passwords - General use of passwords and login
- Categories - Categories are a way to organize and find related pages
- Page lists - Searching and listing pages by multiple criteria with templated output
- Attach lists - Get a list of files uploaded and attached to a group using (:attachlist:) (Directives to specify page titles, descriptions, keywords, and display)
- Deleting pages - Removing wiki pages
- Wiki elements -
- Special pages -
Pm Wiki Site Administration
Installation and maintenance
- AuthUser - Authorization system that uses usernames and passwords
- Blocklist - Blocking IP addresses, phrases, and expressions to counteract spam and vandalism.
- Notify - How to receive email messages whenever pages are changed on the whole wiki site, individual groups or selected watchlists of pages
- Passwords administration - More password options for the administrator
- Ref count - Link references counts on pages
- Url approvals - Require approval of Url links
- Cookbook:Module Guidelines - Guidelines for creating, distributing, and maintaining a recipe for the Cookbook.
- Variables - Variables available for local customisation
- Functions - How some of the functions in pmwiki.php work
- Page file format - Create wiki formatted pages in bulk and for upload to your pmwiki site
About Pm Wiki
- Audiences - Patrick Michaud's comments regarding the "audiences" for which Pm Wiki was designed
- Contributors - A list of contributors to Pm Wiki development and improvement
- Mailing lists - The email discussion lists available and their archives
- PmWiki philosophy - This page describes some of the ideas that guide the design and implementation of Pm Wiki
- Design notes - Some of the features and notes about Pm Wiki's design decisions
- Release notes - Notes about new versions, important for upgrades
- Change log - Log of changes made to Pm Wiki by Release
- References - References to Pm Wiki media coverage
- Glossary - Terms related to Pm Wiki